This week, in our Guided Tour of the Bible, the action really begins to pick up. We will see the conquest of the Promised Land and the passing away of Joshua. We will find the Children of Israel doing whatever seems right in their own eyes and the raising up of judges to lead the people.
|Thursday||Joshua 23:1-16, 24:25-33|
- What is the importance of conquering the Promised Land?
- Why did God order the complete annihilation of the peoples of Canaan?
- Joshua told the people to choose YHWH or the false gods of Canaan; why were those false gods appealing to the Children of Israel?
- What important lessons can we learn, from Deborah’s Story, about the vital role women play in Redemptive History?
- Was it wrong for Gideon to ask God to authenticate His call?