Family Worship: 14 January to 20 January
Family dysfunction is the theme of this week’s reading. We will see Jacob and Esau struggle for family supremacy and, in the next two weeks, we will watch the birth of a nation.
- Monday: Genesis 22:1-24
- Tuesday: Genesis 24:1-67
- Wednesday: Genesis 25:19-34
- Thursday: Genesis 27:1 -28:9
- Friday: Genesis 28:10-29:14
- Saturday: Genesis 29:14-30:43
- What can we learn about faith from Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice Isaac in obedience to God’s command?
- What can we learn about the Doctrine of Resurrection from the story of sacrificing Isaac?
- Abraham said the Lord will provide Himself a lamb. What is foreshadowed in God providing the lamb?
- What do we learn about Human Nature from Esau selling his birthright for a bowl of soup?
- Why did God withhold children from Rachel while Leah had several? What do we learn about God from this?